Getting started with Upwork is easy, but it not so easy to get approval for your account. Only approved accounts are eligible to submit proposals for jobs.
Today I'm going to tell you how i got approval for my Upwork account. I have been trying for almost six months to get approval on my Upwork account, finally got the license a month ago.
I read many articles on how to get approval for an Upwork account, but none of those helped me. A friend of mine was new to Upwork. He just joined Upwork and submitted for approval and got approved successfully. I asked for his profile link to go through with it. I noticed it was all the same thing i have filled and trying except one thing, in the employment history, he wrote about his previous employment and experiences. I never tried writing about my earlier experiences in words (work description). So i gave it a shot that got my account approved on Upwork. I have attached the link for my profile below. I have not updated anything since the approval. So, if you have been facing the same issue, try my idea.
Things to do before submitting for approval on Upwork
- Get your account verified (Live video identity verification by Upwork agent)
- Create a minimum one of a specialized profile.
- Update portfolio with a minimum of 4 projects
- Certifications - optional
- Other Experiences - optional
- Education - Add at least one
- Get Paid - Add a bank account
- Connected Services - at least one
- Email - Use a work email (not Gmail, Outlook, iCloud)
Complete your profile with a 100% completion rate. Let me know if this helps. Here is my approved Upwork profile link.
Note: Never copy/paste from anywhere; it will never work. Write your own words.